The Outreach Workers are available to all seniors of the community to assist them with identifying, applying for, and accessing the multitude of programs available on Cape Cod to assist them to live in the Town of Brewster. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Fuel assistance
- Assistance in identifying and applying for housing
- Assistance in identifying and applying for health insurance issues through the SHINE (Serving Health Information Needs of Elders) program
- Tax abatement
- Food Services, including Meals on Wheels
- Congregate dining
- Transportation assistance
- Lending of adaptive equipment for the home
- Referral to Social Services agencies and Support Services
- Caregiver information
- Referral to COA programs and services
- Transportation services.
If a senior has a need, our Outreach Workers are here to do what they can to assist.
Outreach Workers offer free, confidential assistance to seniors in their homes or at the Council on Aging. Call the COA at 508-896-2737 for assistance.