A public meeting was held on March 8th discussing the conceptual redesign and rebuilding project. Meeting was advertised on the Town’s web page and postcards were sent to a radius of owners around the location and to registered boat mooring holders on Long Pond.
- Two emails and a few phone calls were received prior to the meeting. Two calls and emails were favorable; one was concerned that there may be an increase of boat traffic; suggested motor-free days on the pond.
- Chris Miller ran the meeting with the support of Justin Lamoureaux, P.E. of Horsley Witten Group.
- Comments at the meeting were generally favorable re: boat ramp
- Some comments received for not expanding trailer parking
- One comment re: minimizing extent of clearing for trailer parking and new entrance.
- No major changes to the conceptual plan were made
- Recommendation to retain parking on Crowells Bog as well as adding new parking for the ramp.
- Will review the turning radii, depth and width and ease of using on-site trailer parking
Project will include:
- New concrete ramp with a float separating it from the swim zone.
- New entrance/exit will be constructed and some trailer parking added on-site to minimize backing of trailers down the road.
A Conservation permit will be the dominant permit at the site along with MA Historic and Chapter 91.
Permitting will be done in the spring with the goal of construction next spring.