Starting July 1, 2022, the Board of Assessors will be accepting applications for FY2023 tax exemptions. Tax exemptions are available for qualifying primary resident seniors, veterans, and blind tax payers. Renewal applications have been mailed to those who received an exemption last year.
See the following guidance and application links for eligibility requirements.
Please note that all elderly exemption applicants MUST make an appointment with the Outreach Workers at the Council on Aging to submit and review their application materials. Appointments will not be scheduled until after July 15, 2022. They can be reached by phone at (508) 896-2737 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Elderly Exemption Letter
- Massachusetts Guides to Senior Property Tax Exemptions: https://www.mass.gov/doc/qualifying-senior-citizens/download ;https://www.mass.gov/doc/qualifying-surviving-spouses-minor-children-and-elderly-persons/download
- Elderly Exemption Application
- Veterans Exemption Letter
Massachusetts Guide to Veterans Property Tax Exemptions
- Veteran Exemption Application
- Blind Exemption Letter
- Massachusetts Guide to Blind Persons Property Tax Exemptions
- Blind Exemption Application