The Brewster All Citizens Access Committee has compiled a comprehensive guide to Accessible Recreation Areas in the Town of Brewster available on our website or as an easily printable PDF (114.41 kB).
Beach Wheelchairs: Brewster has three beach wheelchairs, Mobi-Chairs which float in the water. The Beach Wheel Chairs are permanently located at Long Pond, Breakwater Beach and Paine’s Creek for the public's use, free of charge. For use of the Mobi-Chair at Long Pond, please see the Lifeguard on Duty. For use of the Mobi-Chair at Breakwater Beach or Paines Creek, please call 508-240-4946. Mobi-Chairs can be used daily from 9am to 4pm. The weight limit for the beach wheelchairs is 250 pounds. A waiver form is required for use. For more information on the beach wheelchair program, please contact the Council on Aging at 508-896-2737.
Beach Wheelchair Accessible Beaches
- Breakwater Landing (small slope)
- Linnell Landing
- Mant’s Landing
- Paines Creek Landing
- Long Pond (low curb)
Wheelchair Accessible Beaches
- Linnell Landing
- Schoolhouse Pond (accessible platform)
- Upper Mill Pond (accessible platform)
- There is an accessible portable bathroom facility at Linnell Landing and Upper Mill Pond.
- Ellis Landing has one, extra large, ‘van accessible’ parking space, part of which can be used as a viewing area for a wheelchair user. The beach itself is not accessible by any type of wheelchair.
- Sheep Pond has an accessible platform but access is not recommended for anyone using a wheelchair or beach wheelchair due to the topography - very steep slope.
Other Wheelchair Accessible Sites and Recreational Areas
- Crosby Mansion is wheelchair accessible on the first floor only. Open house on 1st ant 3rd Sundays of July and August.
- Museum of Natural History
- Cape Rep Theater
- Whitecaps Ball Field
- Drummer Boy Park - Drummer Boy Park has an accessible playground for children. The park’s surface is mostly grass and there are no accessible pathways. There are no designated handicap parking spaces.
- Grist Mill area-on south side only, brick pathway goes behind Grist Mill to grassy overlook
- Nickerson State Park walkways
- Bike Trails
- Captain’s Golf Course -- Accessible golf cart available.
The National Park Service offers an “America the Beautiful--National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Pass--Access Pass” free of charge to anyone with permanent disabilities. This card allows free and discounted access to national parks and recreational facilities. Info at the Salt Pond Visitors Center in Eastham, 508-255-3421.