Here are some recycling tips you can try this week to cut the amount of trash you create and improve your recycling:
- Recycle the right things. For help, visit “RecycleSmartMA Recyclopedia at https://recyclesmartma.org
- Don’t throw usable items away. Instead donate, sell, or swap them.
- Keep it clean. Make sure recyclables are clean, empty, and dry.
- Cut down on kitchen waste. Use washable towels instead of paper and store food in reusable containers.
- Stop junk-mail. Try the “PaperKarma” app on your smart phone.
- Recycle textiles in the Salvation Army bins at the Recycling Center.
- Make recycling easy in your home. Set up an easy to use system.
Let’s cut the amount of trash we put in Pay-As-You-Throw bags by avoiding buying items that produce waste as well as recycling more of what can be recycled. Our goal is to reduce Brewster’s solid waste volume and increase the volume of recycling in November 2019. We’ll compare our efforts with data from November 2018.
For more information, check the “November Recycling Challenge” calendar for 30 tips.