The Brewster Select Board has approved the release of the draft Phase I Coastal Resource Management Plan (CRMP) for public review and comment.
The comment period closes on Thursday, May 23rd. Commenters may use the on-line comment form or submit comments via email, sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments can be dropped off at Town Hall or at the Department of Natural Resources.
The Brewster CRMP is intended to provide vision and policy direction for future management of Brewster’s coastal resources. In so doing, the CRMP will assist the Town in meeting the diverse access needs of the community and adapting to coastal change.
The goals of this Phase I CRMP are to:
- Increase the resiliency of public landings and beaches
- Preserve the ecosystem services provided by healthy coastal wetland resources
- Provide access for water dependent activities
- Preserve peak-season access to public beaches and landings
- Protect vulnerable infrastructure, visual access, and sense of place threatened by changing conditions