The Brewster Select Board voted January 7 to approve three candidates as finalists in the Town Administrator search. Carol Forgione, Chair of the Town Administrator Search Committee, presented these candidates to the Select Board:
- Daniel Hoort, currently Town Administrator in Wellfleet. Mr. Hoort previously served as Provincetown Director of Municipal Finance. He is a Certified Public Accountant and holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Peter Lombardi, currently Town Administrator in Wenham. Mr. Lombardi previously served as Director of Policy and Administration in the Office of the Mayor in Newburyport. He holds a masters degree in public administration.
- Peter Morin, currently Town Administrator in Norwell. Mr. Morin previously served as town solicitor in Braintree. He is an attorney and holds a juris doctorate degree.
- The finalists will each spend a day in Brewster meeting with Town officials and employees.
- The public will be able to meet the finalists at an open house on Saturday, January 26 from 9-10am.
- The Select Board will interview the finalists in a public meeting immediately following the open house on January 26 at 10am. Deliberations and a vote will follow the interviews.
Search Committee Process: The Town Administrator Search Committee was responsible for evaluating 30 applicants. The Committee developed evaluation criteria and interviewed five semi-finalists before identifying three candidates to propose to the Select Board.
The Search Committee: The Town Administrator Search Committee members, in addition to Forgione who is Director of Human Resources for Nauset Public Schools, were:
- Jillian Douglass, former Brewster Assistant Town Administrator,
- Orleans Police Chief Scott McDonald,
- Brewster Fire Chief Robert Moran,
- Brewster Treasurer/Collector Lisa Vitale, and
- Patricia Hess (alternate), an educator at UMass Dartmouth.
Community Paradigm Associates is serving as the Town’s executive search consultant in this process. Bernard Lynch, the firm’s Principal, provided the Select Board with the finalists’ resumes as well as a summary of information provided by the candidate’s references. Mary Chaffee is serving as the Select Board liaison to the Search Committee.