The Town of Brewster established a Coronavirus Task Force that first met on March 10 to ensure Brewster is properly prepared to manage cases of the virus if they occur here. Town Administrator Peter Lombardi convened a group of key town leaders including the Fire and Police Chiefs, Health Director and Assistant Health Director, Assistant Town Administrators, Facilities Manager, Council on Aging Director, Library Director, representatives from Brewster’s elementary schools, and other relevant town officials. Two members of the Select Board participated as well as a member of the Board of Health.
The Task Force is focused on ensuring:
- Residents have access to trustworthy information about the virus, including proper prevention measures.
- Residents are provided with the latest information about town activities and guidance related to the coronavirus.
- Contingency plans are in place to continue to provide town services to residents.
The group will meet weekly for the foreseeable future, and will distribute updates here and on the Town’s social media platforms. The Town has established a new page dedicated to the latest coronavirus information on our website.
Specific action items from the March 10 meeting include:
- All non-essential town employee attendance at conferences, seminars, and others trainings has been suspended until further notice.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures are underway in town buildings and schools, particularly in high touch areas.
- Town employees have been reminded of the most current recommended hygiene practices, particularly staying home if they are sick.
While we continue to offer full services to residents at this time, social distancing techniques may be implemented in the near future. Board and committee meetings and hearings will continue to be held as scheduled until further notice, but residents are being encouraged to view these meetings remotely [insert link].
This is an incredibly dynamic public health challenge. We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide regular updates regarding any additional measures needed to safeguard the health and safety of our residents, visitors, and employees. If you wish to receive daily email updates about the latest local developments and all other town activities, you may sign up here.