The Outreach Workers are available to all seniors and their families of the community to assist them with identifying, applying for, and accessing the multitude of programs available on Cape Cod to assist them to live in the Town of Brewster. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Fuel assistance and SNAP (food stamps)
- Assistance in identifying and applying for housing
- Assistance with Medicare and MassHealth issues through the SHINE (Serving Health Information Needs of Elders) program
- Tax exemptions
- Food Programs, including Meals on Wheels and Mobile Pantry
- Senior dining
- Lending of adaptive equipment for the home
- Referral to a wide range of Social Services agencies and Support Services
- Caregiver information
- Referral to COA programs and services
- Transportation services.
If a senior has a need, our Outreach Workers are here to do what they can to assist.
Outreach Workers offer free, confidential assistance to seniors and their families in their homes or at the Council on Aging. Call the COA at 508-896-2737 for assistance.