The Town proposes to construct an elevated walkway from Drummer Boy Park to Wing Island.
Town Meeting adopted an updated Master Plan for the Drummer Boy Park property in Fall 2021 which details the proposed connection to the Wing Island property through the adjacent Town conservation land. The path will start at the eastern edge of Drummer Boy Park, lead across Town conservation land, then north to the Quivett marsh. A raised boardwalk will then head east to connect with the existing route across the marsh before turning north to Wing Island. The boardwalk will also maintain the current connection to the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History.
The walkway will link Wing Island to:
- Drummer Boy Park
- Brewster Historical Society’s Windmill Village
- Brewster Conservation Trust’s Windmill Meadow
- Town Conservation Land
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History
Project goals include:
- Improving accessibility for Brewster’s diverse population
- Connecting six open space properties and their trail systems
- Improving the user’s educational and recreational experience
- Preserving the marsh and rare species
The Town held a public forum on Monday August 15, 2022 from 6.00-7.30PM to discuss this project, and provide residents with an opportunity to ask questions and make comments. The forum can be viewed here. A copy of the presentation can be found here.
The Town received over 150 written comments following the August 15 forum - these were provided to the Select Board to help inform future conceptual design options.
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions – August 2022
- Public Forum #1 video – August 2022
- Public Forum #1 presentation – August 2022
- Drummer Boy Park - Updated Master Plan - October 2021
- Vision Plan (2018)
- Coastal Resource Management Plan (2019)
- Select Board Strategic Plan (FY20-21)
- Open Space & Recreation Plan - 2020 Update - Appendix
- Local Comprehensive Plan - Draft Action Plan (2022)
- Project Update to Select Board Video - September 2022
- Project Update to Select Board Presentation - September 2022