MASSACHUSETTS EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY SITUATIONAL AWARENESS STATEMENT
DATE: March 12, 2018
TIME: 1:30 PM
SUBJECT: Winter Storm Tonight into Tuesday – Forecast Update
Brief Update: Since this morning’s Situational Awareness Statement, National Weather Service has issued the following watches and warnings:
· Blizzard Warnings for Coastal Essex County, Plymouth County, Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard for Winds gusting as high as 65 mph will cause whiteout conditions in blowing snow. Significant drifting of the snow is likely.
· Winter Storm Warnings remain in effect for the remainder of the Commonwealth for significant snow accumulations.
· Coastal Flood Advisory has been issued for Ocean exposed shoreline from Salisbury to Plymouth and Sandwich to Dennis as well as Martha`s Vineyard for minor coastal flooding or splash-over.
· Coastal Flood Warning has been issued for Ocean side of Cape Cod from Truro to Chatham including Wellfleet, Eastham, and Orleans, as well as Nantucket harbor and east side for minor coastal flooding, pockets of moderate coastal flooding and severe erosion.
· High Wind Warning has been issued for Nantucket for wind gusts up to 65 mph.
Read more: Brewster Office of Emergency Management Storm Information